Saturday, March 20, 2010

David and Nancy

On Friday night, Matt and I went to the wedding of some really great friends of ours, David and Nancy. Matt was actually performing the ceremony so the night before we attended the rehearsal dinner as well. It was one of the best weddings I have ever been to. The ceremony was at a hotel right on the beach which was gorgeous and the reception was absolutely beautiful as well. The most amazing part of it all was the love and joy that these two had all over their faces.

I don't normally cry at weddings (except my own!), but I found myself shedding tears more than once last night. Their vows to each other were so heartfelt and then the toasts at the reception...oh my, I lost it when Nancy's brother Don made a toast to the newlyweds. "David, thank you for making my sister so happy. I have never seen her this happy." My sister-in-law, who was sitting next to me, and I were both drying and fanning our eyes.

My phone didn't take the best pictures, but I will share what I was able to get. Congratulations David and Nancy! We love you guys and were honored and blessed to be a part of your special day!






Sorry to my sister-in-law Jessica for being the object of the red disco light at the exact time of the picture!

With my good friend, Angela, the matron of honor and sister of the bride-keeper of the money from the cash dance for the bride and groom

If men and women yield to God
And of His love partake,
The marriage bond that joins two hearts
No power on earth can break. —D. De Haan

No comments: