Sunday, May 30, 2010

Book Review: Lonestar Homecoming


I stuck to my word for book review Sunday-two weeks in a row! Let's see if I can keep this up. Thank goodness I can read really quickly because I don't know where the time came from to complete anotehr book. I do know that this book was one of those books you don't want to put down so it was easy to finish quickly.


Like last week's review, this is a third book in a series called the Lonestar Series. The first book was Lonestar Sanctuary and the second book was called Lonestar Secrets and the third is Lonestar Homecoming written by Colleen Coble. She is one of my favorite christian fiction authors. Check out her website for a complete list of her titles. I highly recommend all of them.


All of the Lonestar books were fast-paced and suspenseful. Fortunately, they all resolved at the end of each one so you weren't left wondering what was going to happen next and then having to wait a year for the next book in the series to come out (I don't like that!).


Lonestar Homecoming followed the story of a single mom named Gracie with a 5-year-old daughter named Hope. She was a runaway bride-literally-ran away with her wedding dress on and all and I won't tell you why. She ends up in Bluebird Ranch and met a very interesting guy who completely changes her life in many ways.


The theme of the book centered very much on facing your problems head on. Stop running from things you are afraid of and trust the Lord in everything! I really enjoyed this book and I hope the author will continue to follow these characters she has worked so hard to develop!

1 comment:

Angela (most wonderful friend) said...

ummm, don't forget to tell everyone that you got the book from your most wonderful friend Angela and that you didn't even have to go to the library to check it out! ;0) lol ha ha ha if you ever need a guest spot book reviewer let me know...I've been keeping up with you on the book reading! :)