Friday, August 13, 2010

Free ABC Flashcards and other homeschool recommendations

I am officially a homeschooling mom (and loving it!!) so you are going to see a lot more homeschool type/education discounts and freebies around here. Feel free to let me know if you find any good deals out there.

Print out some free ABC flashcards to use with your kids. It is a downloadable PDF and the creator also gives some good ideas on how best to use the cards. They are absolutely adorable.

The Well-Trained Mind: A Guide to Classical Education at Home, Revised and Updated Edition

In similar news, I am doing the Classical Education route with my kids and if you are interested, everything you need to know is in the book, The Well-Trained Mind. Within that book, the author gives awesome recommendations for every grade including babies! She walks you through step by step how to teach your kids using the Classical Method from the time they are born (literally! see below...) til they graduate.

Slow and Steady Get Me Ready

There is a book called Slow and Steady Get Me Ready that gives you a very easy activity to do with your child every week from age 0, week 1 to age 4 week 52. I so wish I had this book when my oldest was born. I ended up ordering it for my 2 year old. Even though he is already 2, we started working through the activities for his age and he is loving it. I actually got the one published in 2000 (Here) because it was quite a bit cheaper and it seems just fine.

The links above for these 2 books are from Amazon which is where I have found that these particular books are the cheapest.

No comments: